Queen Anne Hill Homes & Real Estate
Search the newest Queen Anne, WA homes for sale & real estate below! Queen Anne Hill is a prominent neighborhood in Seattle, Washington, known for its picturesque views of the city, the Space Needle, and the surrounding Puget Sound.
Homes for Sale in Queen Anne Hill WA
What You Need to Know About Queen Anne Hill
1. Location: Queen Anne Hill is located just north of downtown Seattle, making it a desirable and centrally located residential area. It is bordered by the Lake Union to the east, Elliott Bay to the west, and the Ship Canal to the north.
2. Geography: The neighborhood gets its name from the regal-sounding hill on which it is situated. Queen Anne Hill is one of the highest points in Seattle, offering panoramic views of the city, Mount Rainier, and the Olympic Mountains.
3. Architectural Diversity: Queen Anne Hill features a wide variety of architectural styles, including Victorian, Craftsman, Tudor, and modern homes. Its tree-lined streets, historic buildings, and elegant residences contribute to its charm.
4. Queen Anne Avenue: Queen Anne Avenue is the neighborhood's main commercial street, offering a mix of shops, restaurants, and businesses. It's a popular destination for residents and visitors alike.
5. Parks and Green Spaces: The neighborhood is home to several parks, including Kerry Park, which is famous for its stunning views of the Space Needle and the Seattle skyline. Other parks like Queen Anne Boulevard and Bhy Kracke Park provide green spaces for outdoor recreation.
6. Neighborhoods: Queen Anne Hill can be further divided into several neighborhoods, including Lower Queen Anne, East Queen Anne, and West Queen Anne. Each neighborhood has its own unique character and amenities.
7. Schools: Queen Anne Hill is served by several public and private schools, making it an attractive neighborhood for families. Queen Anne Elementary School and McClure Middle School are among the public schools in the area.
8. Transportation: Queen Anne Hill is well-connected to downtown Seattle and other parts of the city via public transportation, including buses and the Seattle Monorail.
9. Community Events: The neighborhood has an active community that participates in various events, festivals, and community initiatives, contributing to its vibrant and close-knit atmosphere.
10. Cultural Attractions: The Seattle Center, home to the iconic Space Needle, is located on the southern slope of Queen Anne Hill. This area also hosts cultural institutions like the Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) and the Pacific Science Center.
Queen Anne Hill is a highly desirable and sought-after neighborhood in Seattle due to its convenient location, scenic views, and rich cultural offerings. It offers a mix of urban living and a quiet, residential feel, making it a popular place to call home in the Emerald City.