New Homes for Sale in Bear Creek, Redmond, WA
Search and view new homes for sale in Bear Creek, Redmond, WA. Choose from a variety of options of new homes for sale in Bear Creek, Redmond.
If you're interested in learning your current credit score, TheBalance offers a list of the best free credit reports. You can also view current mortgage rates or use our mortgage calculator to estimate your monthly mortgage costs and determine how much house you can afford before you speak with a lender.
How Much Does It Cost to Live in Redmond?
The cost of living in Redmond, Washington, can vary based on factors such as housing, transportation, healthcare, utilities, and groceries. Redmond is part of the greater Seattle metropolitan area, and like many cities in this region, it is known for a relatively high cost of living. Here are some general considerations:
- Housing Costs: Housing is typically the largest expense. The cost of renting or buying a home in Redmond can be relatively high, especially given its proximity to major technology companies like Microsoft. Prices vary based on the type of housing, its location, and other amenities.
- Utilities: The cost of utilities (electricity, heating, cooling, water, garbage) can be moderate to high, depending on the size of the residence and energy consumption.
- Transportation: If you own a car, you'll have expenses like gas, insurance, and maintenance. Public transportation is available, and the cost of commuting can vary based on the distance to your workplace.
- Groceries: Grocery prices are influenced by factors such as location, choice of stores, and personal shopping habits. Redmond has a mix of grocery stores, including large chains and specialty markets.
- Healthcare: Healthcare costs, including insurance premiums and out-of-pocket expenses, can be significant. Redmond has medical facilities and healthcare services, contributing to the overall cost of living.
- Taxes: Washington State does not have a state income tax, which can be a financial advantage. However, there are sales taxes and property taxes to consider.